Mission and Values of Young Life
Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission by …
- Praying for young people.
- Going where kids are and building personal relationships with them.
- Earning the right to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Providing fun, adventurous, life-changing and skill-building experiences.
- Inviting kids to personally respond to the Good News and walking in friendship with them regardless of their response.
- Preparing kids for a life-long relationship with Christ and a love for His word, His mission and the local church.
- Working in community alongside like-minded adults (volunteer leaders, committee members, donors and staff).
- The Gospel — Living according to and communicating the whole gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Scripture — Acting under the authority of Scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit to empower our ministry.
- All Kids — Reaching adolescents of every ability and all economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ecumenical — Collaborating with followers of Christ from various traditions and local churches worldwide.
- Diversity — Welcoming those whom God calls to our mission — men and women of all ethnicities and abilities who are committed to the common purpose of introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
- Health — Encouraging our staff and volunteers in their personal and spiritual health so we may minister out of a consistent and growing relationship with Christ and His followers.
- Stewardship — Observing the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust.
- The Next Kid — Developing innovative approaches to reach uncommitted, disinterested young people around the world